Already have a Username/Password for Journal of Ecosystems and Management?
Go to Login
Need a Username/Password?
Go to Registration
Registration and login are required to submit items online and to check the status of current submissions.
Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- I (we) affirm that the manuscript has been prepared in accordance with the current Submission Guidelines for Authors.
I (we) affirm that the content of this manuscript has not been published elsewhere in a refereed journal save for an abstract of 200 words or less, or in the form of a scientific poster for presentation in a bona fide scientific meeting. If accepted, it will not be submitted elsewhere.
If this manuscript has been previously published in a refereed journal. I (we) guarantee that, permission has been or will be obtained from the author(s) and publisher for reproduction of this material, in whole or in part, in JEM, and I (we) will submit copy for the credit lines with the manuscript.
- I (we) also guarantee that we have obtained a signed permission letter in respect of materials of others that have been incorporated into in my (our) manuscript.
- The author(s) will receive no monetary return from FORREX for the use of material contained in the manuscript.
The author(s) will pay a levy as specified below, to be invoiced at the time of online publication of the article.
- 1000–3000 words (maximum length: 10 pp): $80 per journal page to a maximum of $600
- "Graphics-heavy" notes may be subject to a surcharge of $50 per graphic, if > 3 graphics
Research Reports and Discussion Papers:
- 2000–3,500 words (maximum length: 11 pp): $80 per journal page to a maximum of $1000
- "Graphics-heavy" notes may be subject to a surcharge of $50 per graphic, if > 5 graphics
- If submitting to a peer-reviewed section of the journal, the instructions in Ensuring a Blind Review have been followed.
- The text is double-spaced; uses a 12-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
- The submission file is in OpenOffice, Microsoft Word (.doc), or RTF (do not send docx files).
- Where available, URLs for the references have been provided as well as access date [October 5, 2010].
Authors and the owners of copyright in the works will be required to either assign copyright, agree to co-own copyright, or assign a publication license in any works approved for publication by FORREX.
Please complete the Copyright Release Form and return it to FORREX.